Friday, December 2, 2011

BURLAP CHRISTMAS...

I've got a thing for burlap!  If you would've asked me a few years ago what I thought about burlap I would've turned my nose up at it.  It was that ugly rough background of all the bulletin boards at church during the 70's!  I distinctly remember olive green and gold colored burlap.  But people grow up and sometimes love the things they hated in childhood!

So this is one of my Christmas burlap projects.  A simple burlap pennant.  NO SEWING NECESSARY.  Yep, you heard right.  You can do this with just a little scissors, paint and hot glue!
Steps:
1.  Cut burlap flags to size desired.
2.  Stretch out twine to length desired and space out flags.  Leave long ends.
3.  Fold over the top to make a "hem" with twine inside, hot glue CAREFULLY.
4.  Flip over to front side and sponge paint the letters on it.
5.  Embellish with ribbons or whatever you like!

I actually added more ribbon after I took the picture.  And if you are really industrious, you could make two of them and spell out "Merry Christmas."  I'm keepin it simple.

FUN AND EASY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As you mentioned it being from the 70's, my mind went to "yellow"...then you mentioned the olive green and golden! It is funny how something like that now seems so neat. The pennant turned out really cute!