(this is just a small representation of the mess ;))
Do you have piles like mine? I have a new plan to get me through them, and I'm really excited about it. Maybe by putting it in print, it will encourage me to actually get it done. It's been nagging at me for a while. Like, years! Here's my Declutter/Make Albums plan:
- Forget exact dates/years of each picture. Although many have the date on the back, for these albums it won't be important. Sort into categories: Baby, Preschool, School, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, different seasons, birthday, sports, performances, vacations, etc.
- Have 2-4 pages for each category, then move on.
- Choose only the best of the best pictures. More is not necessarily better!
- Hit it hard right now while life is kinda slow and the weather is cold.
- Plan to work hard on it when The Hubs is out of town and I can make a mess.
- Think about the joy on their faces when they receive the albums this Christmas!
- Think about the joy I will feel to have this mess gone through and my motherly duty as keeper of the memories completed! LOL
Anyway, I'm tackling it and hopefully each of my kids will wind up with an album of memories. Blogging may take a back seat for a while...