Friday, December 9, 2011

DINNER WITH THE COLLEGE KIDS...

We had our final dinner of the semester with our college kids! On the menu:


Country Pot Pie with Cheesy Bacon Crust
Green salad, Fruit Salad
Squash Casserole
Green Beans
Blackberry Wine Cake
Apple Crisp
Ice Cream


 I enjoy doing this but it stresses me out a little, too.  I seem to do this to myself a lot!  The type A personality in me, I guess.  I always have fun once we sit down to eat, though.  One of these days I will just order pizza.

We were glad to see our nephew and his girlfriend!  They just got back Tuesday from the PacRim tour.  They traveled the world this semester and I'm sure learned more than we will ever know.  They said the best food they had was in Japan.
They're the cute ones in the back!
Lots of pretty girls!

The evening ended with my son getting his friend to model his creation for the Plastic Fashion Show.  It's a required project for one of his art classes.  You can tell he was really into this...(NOT - no comment on how long he spent).  So they all ran out to the fashion show.  I was too tired and had lots of dishes to wash but I bet it was pretty good!

Wishing them Happy Holidays and a great Finals Week!  

4 comments:

Lori said...

What a great blessing for the kids for you to do this for them! I'm sure with finals it was especially appreciated. I can use this as another plus for our oldest to decide on OC! :)

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I'm sure they appreciate food that isn't pizza.

Amy said...

Wow!I can tell it was a success! What a fun get together! Kids love pizza but they love home cooking much more! I am sure that they LOVED it! Blessings on your Sat.!

Alyssa said...

My parents still have fond memories of my college crew coming over and invading our house! These pictures remind me of those days. And now as a mom myself, I have a small glimpse of how much work my mom put into those dinners!!