Sunday, December 11, 2011

HOW LONG IT TAKES TO MAKE A GUMDROP TREE...

Longer than you think!  It was time for my annual Christmas craft night with my little neighbors.  Inspired by this, I thought we would make gumdrop trees.  This was a home-made gift from my sis-in-law several years ago and it has amazingly held together!  I display it every year.
It starts out pretty fun - sorting and tasting each color!  I found out from the package those weird flavors are anise and clove.
Dixie the cat had to check out our gumdrop tree making!
12 hours later....JK!  But they did take a while.  Little one had to take a break.
 On to Christmas pennants!  These girlies are getting to be experts at sponge painting and hot gluing!
Their burlap pennants hanging on the stairs
The finished products and two little girls on a sugar high!


Fun times!  I was also blessed to get to hear the entire 3rd grade Christmas program, song by song.  Nothing like hearing two little girls singing!

 Have yourself a merry little Christmas!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Those little girls are very blessed to have you around to do crafts with them and show them God's love. It's been many years since we used a hot glue gun around here, but that sure brings back lots of memories!

Alyssa said...

They are blessed to have you as a neighbor. I'm sure they really enjoyed it! And we've been hearing the same songs at our house...constantly.

Summer said...

So cute! Love the banners!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

What a fun idea! Those girls probably think you are pretty special!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I like that the one tree is taller. Very cute.

Unknown said...

Looks like a great success! The girls looked like they were having fun! I can't believe your gumdrop tree is still looking good. Mine has been gone a long time. I need to make another one!

OK Chick said...

What a fun project. I think I could handle it. HA!

Gena said...

I believe I know those little neighbors and their sweet Mama! I am so doing this with my kids.