Wednesday, November 30, 2011

CHOOSING JOY...

is not always easy.  Sometimes it takes a while.

After some unexpected news from the doctor, I have to think about it, talk to some friends about it, complain about it, and finally pray about it (which should have been my first response).  Then I can think about JOY.

I've been blessed with 30 + years of a normal female cycle and 3 healthy pregnancies.  So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that something weird might happen.  Without going into too much detail (don't mind sharing in person if you are wondering), I thought I was going through some kind of early menopause.  But after problems for nearly a year, the doctor is recommending removal of ovaries and uterus, of course, in DECEMBER.

But, why not?  I can see the Lord prepared for it to happen now.  A women's event I'm helping with is happening this Saturday.  It will be done.  Many years I have a Christmas party at my house between the Bunko group, Bible class or family.  This year everyone else is hosting - my sister's had the party planned for a year!  And the trip we thought we might take between Christmas and New Year's hadn't really materialized yet.  So no reservations to cancel or anything.  Hopefully my husband and kids will step up and do all the Christmas things for me while I'm physically down!

I don't think it's a mistake that Verse of the Day today was Phillippians 2:14, 15.  "Do everything without grumbling or complaining."

So, please, REMIND ME if you don't see me smiling.  "CHOOSE JOY."

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I still remember when my mom had that done, years ago, we were still little, grade school, my Dad traveled a lot so my cousin lived with us for a while to help her out. I'll be praying for you.

Alyssa said...

Choose joy. Thank you for your post today. I need to think of this more often. When is surgery? I'd love to bring you something yummy to much on while you are recovering.

Summer said...

Thanks for sharing, Robin. I'll will be praying for your health and especially to "choose joy."

You are an inspiration!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I'll be praying that all goes well.

Lori said...

Praying for you! Thanks for the hotel room last night for Jacob & I :).

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Good news! See? I'm choosing JOY...

We have a date between Christmas and New Years, so I will be able to enjoy the holiday!