Wednesday, December 21, 2011

THE ULTIMATE EVENT PLANNER...

A blog buddy of mine sparked a thought in me with this verse a couple of days ago:

Hebrews 10:23-25

New International Version (NIV)
23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.


She mentioned the fact that the word DAY is capitalized, a hint that it is something special, not just an ordinary day.  It will be an EVENT!

I began to think about God as the ULTIMATE EVENT PLANNER.  How cool is that?  I love planning events, have even thought about it as a possible job option when my youngest graduates high school.  When I plan womens' events at church, I think about the setting, lights, sound, even the temperature of the room.  How to satisfy the 5 senses.  Not to mention the food, decorations, and program!  It's impossible to please everyone, but goodness knows I try.  When I feed lots of kids at the high school, I try to accommodate their likes and dislikes, make it good nutritionally, and find volunteers to serve and bring desserts.  When the college kids come over they get goody bags to take back to campus with them of things I've collected over the month.  Details, details, details....To think that God is working on that DAY to make it the biggest event ever, paying attention to every detail, makes me love Him even more!

The end of each year brings many festive parties, and I enjoy them all!  But many times there's a let-down after all is said and done.  Family members leave (maybe thankfully for some of you), messes are left, decorations have to be put away.  Holiday pounds left to disappoint us.  But guess what?  There will be NO let-down on that DAY.  It will be the ULTIMATE FOREVER EVENT!


Are you anticipating the BIG EVENT?
  THE DAY? 
 Applaud God - THE ULTIMATE EVENT PLANNER!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a great post! And you are a fabulous event planner! I love reading about all your creative events!

Amy said...

Love it! Thank you for your thoughts! Blessings and MERRY Christmas!

Lori said...

Great thoughts about that DAY! What a great event it will be!