Tuesday, December 13, 2011

MAKING A MOVIE...

was not what I planned on doing Saturday.  Goodness, we had parties all weekend to attend!  But sometimes mommas jump when they get the chance to do something for their children...

We arrived at home after some shopping to find our college son turning our house into a movie set.  Lights, cameras, and his friend with wardrobe changes making a movie.  It was for some kind of 48 hour contest.


Imagine my delight when he asked if they could use the bike in the attic.  You mean the Cabbage Patch bike?  The one I bought at a garage sale years ago?  Yes, that one.  Now this is the ONLY bike I've saved folks. Because it was the only good quality one we had, and it was 10 years old when my daughter got it.  Cabbage Patch, 1983, it says.  So we got it down and it's as sturdy as ever!  Dad and I got to help with the scene and had a lot of fun with that.


Then we got to the REAL fun - we were in it!  Playing parents, what else?  We were in a "family eating dinner" scene.  Maybe I'll be a movie set decorator next.  I got all the old frozen food out of the freezer and made a beautiful meal of ham, grapes, and salad on those dinner plates.    You'll have to watch the video to see what happened, but here's a clue -
  My son did buy these dishes at Goodwill.  

So here's the  2 minute MOVIE.  I wish I would've fixed my hair. 

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Books huh.....that was funny.

OK Chick said...

I sense an Oscar in your future. :)

Gena said...

Lord, please let my children live near me for college so I too can make strange movies about books. You're a lucky Mama.

Alyssa said...

So fun! And I liked your hair!! You are a good momma!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

LOL! Loved every bit of it! That was something else!

Summer said...

Cute! I'll watch anything featuring Katelyn Jackson - love that girl!

Lori said...

Very good job, Director W and cast!!

Amy said...

What fun!! Very creative son of yours! So fun you are a part of all of this! You are a wonderful Mom!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Very creative.