Friday, May 31, 2013

SOUP OF THE DAY...

SWEET CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON!

Amazingly, this soup was really sweet with the fresh corn.  (Almost too sweet for me - may have to add more spice to cut it)  It was also fun to prepare.  I don't buy fresh corn very often, almost never, in fact! Just so much mess!  I do have fond memories of a day at my Grandpa's farm picking and shucking corn.  And being scared of the weird diseased/infested ears...and now I'm thinking, did I ever let my kids help me shuck fresh corn???  I'm wishing now maybe I had - would have been a fun experience.  Another unusual thing to me about this recipe is that you put the corn cobs back into the soup to simmer for a while, I guess to help develop the flavor.  







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm.....This sounds good!