Sunday, June 2, 2013

TMI...

The younger generation...I suppose they're not all like this, but around our house, there's a lot of TMI with the two boys.  All you mothers of boys know what I mean, I'm sure!

This is my son and his proclamation on all media today:



I have a tumor on my right testicle... BALLS!!! BUT the good thing is that it is curable! So that's pretty sweet!!
Please keep me in your prayers as I become a uniballer tomorrow.


I have to say I'm a little speechless because we just learned of all of this 5 days ago.  He discovered it a  month ago and finally decided he'd better get it checked out this past week, but is very accepting of it by now.  I'm very proud of him for being proactive and doing something about it!!!  He took himself to the doctor, then on to the radiologist, was given the diagnosis, and came home and told us about it.  He actually was worried about my reaction and hugged me and told me not to get upset, that everything would be okay...anyway, the doctor had already referred him to a Urologist who we met with the next morning, and surgery was scheduled.  Crazy. So thankful we don't have to wait and worry.  We'll know more after a CT scan this week.

Some good news:  It's very curable.  He still has a healthy one left!  Please keep him in your prayers!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I'm not sure whether to laugh (because of how he shared this) or worry! So I'll admit I did a little bit of both and will be praying for him tomorrow!!

Michelle said...

That is impressive that he took care if it himself. He's growing up. Glad he's out of surgery and doing well as I saw on Dan's fb!

Amy said...

Boys will be boys. Don't we love them with all of our hearts. Praying for you guys!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Lots of TMI at my house also. Not sure if they would but it on FB though.
Glad he is recovering well.

Unknown said...

Thankful all went well today. I know everything will be okay! Praying for him, as well as you all.

Chellie said...

I did laugh out loud at his post.. boys... they are different. Anyway, I hope he's doing well now, considering I'm reading this a few weeks after it actually happened. What a nice kid to console you when he's the one that was dealing with the issue.