Monday, May 6, 2013

REJECTION WITH A SMILE...

Sometimes as a parent you just let them go ahead and do things even though you know it's a longshot.  Sometimes you even drive 12 hours and spend money to help them try out for competition television shows.  That's what I did this past weekend - drove to Nashville, Tennessee to support, keep my mouth shut and let the judges do the talking.  All in all, it was a good experience.  The judges were complimentary about alot of things, but ultimately told them they needed more time to develop their own sound as a group.  Not try to be any other group - just be themselves!  Good advice for all of us.  Being in the waiting room with other groups was pretty intimidating - you can imagine the judging on appearance going on between everyone.  Kind of a stressful situation if you ask me!  I can't wait to see if I recognize any of those people on the show this fall!

This was taken outside the audition just after they'd been rejected.  All smiles!  (Or maybe just their auto-response when the cameras come out) The spokesperson for the judges was so tactful and encouraging that the kids were ready to start practicing for next year's audition as soon as we left.  That is, after we hit the mall and had some dinner and went to the movies.  I was just glad there weren't any tears!  Just one of many interesting experiences to help these kids grow up a little more...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sure they weren't the only group rejected! A good learning experience is always valuable! I can't wait to see more pics from Charlie's wedding either since I wasn't there!! I knew what everything looked like, but I'd love to see it in action!!

Unknown said...

A need experience, even in rejection! Glad you were able to go along and support, encourage.

Amy said...

Wow! How fun! I wondered what in the world you were doing?! They look great. Sounds like a fun trip.