Saturday, May 25, 2013

GENEROSITY...

is a lovely thing to get to witness!  Disasters somehow bring out the good in folks!  After working at an actual tornado ravaged mobile home park on Wednesday, I admit I was physically and emotionally spent.  (No, I won't tell the dead dog story again) I got a call from someone at the church asking me if I would consider working information/receiving/dispersing donations.  So that's what I've been doing lately and probably will for another week or so.  Hopefully all this craziness will slow down then!  

Pictures of GENEROSITY:

 Little ones happily bringing in donations
Mountains of water

 Just finished homemade quilts from a group of ladies in Burkburnett, TX

 Diapers for the babies

Supplies taking over the old auditorium

 A Kentucky church mailed us 3 large boxes of these drawstring bags 
full of hygiene items - love this idea

So many giving up their free time

3 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I'm amazed at how much has been donated.

By the way, that is the back of Bill's head in the green shirt.

Bill and Will went to Moore today to help.

Unknown said...

Very neat to see others reaching out with their hearts, hands, and money! That's always the "good side" to the sad, horrible tragedies.

Amy said...

How awesome to get so many wonderful items from so many different places. The quilts are gorgeous. Blessings on you guys and all the hard work you are doing!