Wednesday, April 18, 2012

KENDALL'S CHICKEN WITHOUT KENDALL...



We had our last college dinner for a while last night.  One of my son's roommates, Kendall, had talked about some chicken I made last year, which I couldn't even remember what it was!!! I think I had tried a new recipe but didn't hang onto it.  Anyway, a few months later he was raving about it, so I thought I'd make something like it last night.  We had what I dubbed Kendall's Chicken, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, carrots, cantaloup, Grandma's orange jello salad, rolls with herb butter, Oreo Ice Cream dessert, and Lemon Bars for the non-chocolate eaters.  Unfortunately, Kendall didn't make it, so I made sure all the others will let him know:  Kendall's Chicken was purty good!

What an exciting, scary time of life!  Some are working this summer, some hope to be working, some have internships, some are engaged to be married!  Prayers for all these college kids as they head off for a few months.  Speaking of engaged:


My nephew and his bride-to-be are getting married in December!  They are highschool sweethearts and it will be so much fun to have another great girl in our family!

9 comments:

Summer said...

You are the BEST college mom ever. I hope to be just like you.

Gena said...

I agree with Summer. You are such an example to me of what balance looks like. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of what I want my future relationships with my own kids and their friends to be.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You guys are sweet but let's get real: It's all about the free food.

Lori said...

I need to meet this girl who's coming into our family! Maybe I should have come to Kendall's Chicken Dinner!! :)

Michelle said...

Everything is about free food....lol! You never said what was special about "Kendall's Chicken" what is it?

Wa Wa Waughs said...

HA! If I thought it was special I would have given you the recipe. I just made oven fried chicken, soaking it in buttermilk for several hours and then breading it with Italian bread crumbs. Bake for 1 hour.

Amy said...

You are amazing!!

Amy said...

You are amazing!!

Amy said...

Worth posting twice! :)