Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DINNER...

because the third child thinks I don't make anything good anymore...

I've made versions of this baked sub sandwich before but this one beats them all!  This recipe comes from my friend Renai:

Hot Sandwiches

1 box bread mix (any kind)
2 T. Italian seasoning
12 slices cheese (several kinds)
1 lb. shaved deli meat
Pepperonis
Olives, diced
Spicy mustard
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Sea salt

Add Italian seasoning to bread mix.  Prepare dough according to box and let rise 1-1 1/2 hour.  Punch down and roll out to 11 x 16 inch rectangle. Spread on mustard.  Layer meats, cheeses, and olives along the middle of the dough.  Repeat layers.  Gently fold both sides over the  filling, forming a loaf.  Flip onto greased baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.  Lightly score diagonally and bake at 350 until golden brown.  Cool 5 minutes and serve with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Serves 4-6.

Oddly enough, my husband thought the olive oil and balsamic vinegar was the best condiment for this!  I liked it too, but can always dip in mustard if it's dry.  So try that if you make this recipe.  Got a thumbs up from the kid, too.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Looks great! Our boys are coming home this weekend. May have to give this a try! Have a great day!

OK Chick said...

That looks good! I might have to try this sometime.

Summer said...

oh my, this looks delicious! thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Yum! I'll have to by a bread mix and try that one out!

Chellie said...

Wow.. that looks so yummy

Alyssa said...

Looks delish.

Chellie said...

Just FYI, I'm going to pin this so I can save it and maybe actually make it sometime.