Friday, April 27, 2012

I AM A FAN...

of this book!  I got it Wednesday and I'm already half-way through it.  Yes, it's an easy read but with really good thought provoking stuff!

It's also on sale this week for $5.  Maybe I'm easily swayed but I don't part with my money easily!  I usually can wait and get on the waiting list for books at the library...yeah, I'm old school that way.  But I went into Mardel Wednesday looking for another book which they didn't have, and two spirit-led moments happened.  One was I bumped into a minister's wife at our church.  We chatted and she was telling me they leave for Africa in 6 days and how crazy busy and unprepared she felt - even though they've been many times.  She said she hadn't even picked up some little gifts or school supplies for the kids there.  Well, that's a no-brainer for me - I love to shop!  I told her my Bible class would take care of it.  Neat to have opportunities from the Holy Spirit given to you like that!  Also, a friend of mine, sweaty from her workout, buzzed past me with 5 copies of this book in her hands.  She explained it was such a good book she was buying them for her girlfriends since they were $10 off the regular price this week.  So after not being able to get the book I wanted, I looked it over, and bought it.

And it's good.  You might want to hurry and get one before they're gone!

4 comments:

Gena said...

Going Monday. I have been wanting to read this!

Summer said...

Gena - get me one too!

Unknown said...

Great to recognize those Spirit-led moments!

OK Chick said...

I'll have to look into the book. I'm looking for a new read as we speak.