Friday, April 13, 2012

I MADE BUNKO HISTORY...AND OTHER BLESSINGS


As I ran through the neighborhoods and an arboretum of our fair town with my husband this morning, I realized what a blessing this week has been!  So you get to hear my ramblings, as my friend OK Chick likes to call them.

It's been a busy one, serving musical meals every night to the kids at the high school.  It is wonderful as usual, with my wonderful volunteers to back me up and the sale Wednesday at our new Sunflower Market on strawberries @ $.99 a lb!  I got 8 pkg - the limit and made that meal looked gourmet!

Wednesday I did something I hadn't done in a long time...went antique shopping with my mother!  I am looking for something unique and special that I'll tell you about another time.  Didn't find it yet, but we had fun exploring.  That night was my small group study at church - the "Resolution for Women" group and wow, was it pertinent.  All about how we should listen and speak to each other.  I think that reminder never gets old for me!!!

Thursday was another incredible day with a year end luncheon at a local Mexican restaurant with CWBS leaders.  Our wonderful mentor and leader even made us all pans of cinnamon rolls to take home.  A nice treat after the run this morning.

And I made Bunko History last night!  In 17 years of Bunko, we couldn't remember this ever happening.  I made a Bunko on the first round, along with another friend.  I made another one on 6's, and NO ONE ELSE made any more in 6 more rounds.  I qualified for the Most Bunkos prize, the Traveler, and almost Most Wins.  CRAZY!  My prize was this pretty wind chime.  Along with the delicious dinner and our sweet prayer time, it's always a blessing.

Food, Food, Food this week!

Thankfully my husband offered to run 4 miles with me (at my pace)this morning and I was wanting to go through the fairly new arboretum.  I was tickled to see the newly transplanted Japanese tree that the city moved for $5000.  Did you get to hear the story?  A new Mercy Hospital is being built off I-35 where long ago there was a plant nursery.  The owner had planted a rare Japanese tree and they didn't want to bulldoze it, because it was healthy and had a trunk diameter of 16"  or something like that, and they take a long time to grow!  Supposedly not many of them in the United States.  Anyway, the city spent the money and moved it to the Arboretum.  It's green and looking good.  I love it.

Here's to a restful weekend!  Blessings to you!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Learn something new every day. Didn't know about the Japanese tree. Glad it's doing well. And yay for all your other fun days!

Amy said...

Congrats! Bunko history! Glad you are reading the one thousand gifts book. You are right, it is sad in a lot of parts, but has great points of joy and discovery. I am still reading it really slow. Have a great day of worship tomorrow. Stay safe up there in all these storms rolling through! Blessings.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed this post.....except the running part! (ha ha!) I don't think I'll ever join the family in liking to run. Thankfully our kids took after their daddy.