Sunday, January 11, 2015

WEDDING DIY...

I wouldn't have thought it possible to do so many DIY projects when putting on a wedding in another state, but we ended up doing a lot more than I thought! For me, there are two reasons to DIY:  1.  Because I'm frugal and can't stand to pay for something when I know I could do it myself.  2.  I enjoy it!  So here's a recap of what we were able to do ourselves for the wedding:

Programs designed by Son #1 - printed locally

 My 90% off bargain from Tuesday Morning!  The mirror inside had been broken, so I got it home, spray painted it black and had a friend write the phrase on it for me.  

 Metal letters from HL that we painted, drilled holes in, and inserted lights.

Another HL letter we painted gold for the guest book.

Swags made from live greenery we clipped ourselves.

One of many bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages we made after buying the flowers local.


Custom cup sleeves my son designed and ordered online.


 Wooden sign from HL we custom painted and wrote on with gold sharpie.

 Table runners made from bargain upholstery fabric, HL wreaths spray-painted gold, live greenery and scrapbooking paper signs


I hid this ugly door by covering it with a black plastic tablecloth and cricut designed letters.

 The Hubs made this 3 foot donut tower after researching some on Pinterest.  I covered the wooden discs with gold foil and trimmed the edges in glitter ribbon.

Bride and groom donut accessories made from craft materials

The pears wrapped in gold foil, ordered online, and string tags we made with materials from HL - the address stamp we ordered online.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything looks great!

Unknown said...

I had no idea you painted the berry wreaths gold! I loved all of the DIY stuff!! I know it was hard working on the out of state wedding, but you pulled it off beautifully!