Thursday, January 22, 2015

SCRAP CIRCLE GARLAND...

You know me by now...I have a hard time throwing things away that could be repurposed or look like a potential craft.  It's a sickness, I know!  (I will say the decluttering has started now that we are past the wedding, and other things that interrupted my goals last fall!) 

I had all these beautiful gold envelopes that the wedding replies came in and I couldn't bear to toss them - they cost us a pretty penny!  So I decided to make a paper circle garland.  It's mostly gold and some of them I cut have our address on the circle.  I also had some nice cream paper so I used a little of that too to break up the gold-ness of the garland.  After studying a few on pinterest, I decided to make it about 10 feet long so I knew I needed about 60 circles.  I used my old Creative Memories circle cutter.  Then I sewed them together on the sewing machine.  Adds a little whimsy to my living room!  








I made another to send to my girl.  I hope she likes it when she realizes what it was made from!  



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't realize that's what it was made from when I say it! Very pretty and neat! I need to start de-cluttering, too!

Unknown said...

Neat idea.

OK Chick said...

I like it!!!