Wednesday, January 7, 2015

SHE SAID YES TO MY DRESS...


My daughter wanted to make her own dress and I didn't doubt that she could do it...just wasn't sure she could do it in three months with the job she has.  I didn't think she could fit into my dress or that she would even want to try, but she did!  It was a snug fit but it would work.  She wanted to add sleeves to it and had a picture she had seen in an ad that she liked.  I wasn't too sure about her vision, but agreed that she could do what she liked.  She bought several different kinds of lace at JoAnn's Fabric, removed the sheer fabric and bows from the bodice and made it her own!  She finished it four days before the wedding!  I think it's so pretty and she did it all on her own!  












3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was beautiful!! She's so talented! Very special.

Michelle said...

I love what she did, what a special memory for both of you to wear that dress! I just think of 27 dresses, when one sister just destroys the mom's dress and the other is mad.....at least that didn't happen here!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful. She did a great job.