Sunday, June 23, 2013

GETTIN' ALL MUSHY...



on our wedding anniversary!  30 years since our wedding, to be exact!  And yes, I was a child bride!  We have never been the couple that celebrates in a big way.  Life and kids and finances seemed to take priority.  But this year we are finding ourselves in a place where our kids are almost grown up and we've got a little more free time on our hands.  Maybe another reason is that I know how long our parents enjoyed their marriages: 42 and 54 years, and both were interrupted by cancer.  You never know how much time you'll have left.  But we are still committed to each other today as we were on day one.  So that's worth celebrating!

We have a trip planned soon - carefully planned when our youngest goes to camp - but I wanted to surprise the hubs on THE DAY with some little gifts over the weekend.  The sweet thing is, I didn't deny my frugal self.  It went kinda like this:
 Lunch @ Vast
 A tree!  Cheesy, I know...but I hope we can watch that little tree grow for many more years!

A little something delicious that we both love hidden in the desk drawer...
The little something he got me was a new journal...my other one is about full!

I don't share this to make you think we have some fantastic marriage and never any disappointments, but I share this to remind you to take time to appreciate your loved ones, whether it's a spouse, parent, or child. 

 Little things do mean a lot!  
What little thing can you do to brighten someone's day today?



3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's always good for your children, if they're grown to see you all celebrate your love for each other! I just can't believe how fast the years go by, we are a couple of weeks away from celebrating our 8th....doesn't even seem possible!

Erin said...

I love that picture at the top with you holding your wedding picture. I'm going to tuck that idea away for Justin and I!

Amy said...

Almost made me cry. Precious. I love the tree idea. So thankful that you guys are busy loving each other and growing together. So many couples loose each other during the raising of their kids. Blessings!