Saturday, June 22, 2013

VAST...


on the 49th floor!  I surprised the hubs the other day by telling him we were celebrating our 30th anniversary by going out to lunch at VAST!  (Don't tell him I couldn't get dinner reservations - next time plan ahead)  For all you non-Okies, Vast is the hottest new restaurant on top of OKC in the new Devon Tower.  I made sure I checked the dress code after our minister telling a story from the pulpit about how his wife was not allowed into the restaurant because of her flip-flops!  Well, it's worth putting on regular shoes, folks!  Go for lunch - they have a great buffet for $20! 

This was our view - the OKC Bombing Memorial flanked by the two old church buildings! Beautiful!


AND the best reason to go for the lunch buffet - yes, we did get one of everything on the petite dessert buffet!  Then we had ourselves a little tasting party...Key lime pie and cheesecake won our votes for best dessert.
We also acted like tourists and walked thru the Myriad Gardens/Crystal Bridge across the street - everything is really beautiful and updated and I think we don't always appreciate what we have!  

Even if I didn't have the foresight to get dinner reservations weeks ahead, I think we got the best deal!  

6 comments:

Lori said...

I've wanted to try Vast sometime. It's easy to talk yourself out of going downtown (where to park, etc.).
Figured I'd better check that dress code though...who doesn't wear sandals in the summer? Do they only have a buffet at lunch?

Summer Lashley said...

love the lunch idea there! (and you have more time to burn all those calories off)

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You can do the buffet or order off the menu at lunch. You do have to park on the street at lunch time - I guess the Devon parking is probably filled with employees. And I actually saw a lady wearing nicer flip-flops at lunch, so I guess that is a dinner requirement!

Mark Brewer said...

Sounds like a great time. We've not been there.

Erin said...

You guys are adorable. I heard Phil's story went pretty high up the Devon chain of command! :) I want to try it soon!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Happy Anniversary!

I shared Phil's story with some of our teachers that were wanting to go to that restaraunt.