Wednesday, November 7, 2012

SO AMID THE CONFLICT...

whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged
God is over all!

Count your many blessings
Angels will attend
Help and comfort give you
To your journey's end

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done!

(Johnson Oatman, Jr. 1897)

With all the political ranting over Obama and Mitt, a friend's marriage dissolving, many sweet people I know and look up to as parent figures in the hospital, a friend's financial worries, I have to stop and remember to count my blessings once again.  This verse of an old song came to me. Even when things don't go our way, we can still list numerous blessings both physically and spiritually!  Recently one of our ministers mentioned he was going to start a list of 10,000 blessings in his life.  Quite a number!  But if you're a writer and take the time to do it, I'm sure it can be done.

Blessings to you today wherever you are in your journey.  Take some time and thank God for the way he has worked in your life and for understanding and patience as you look ahead.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands,you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.  James 4:8


3 comments:

Summer Lashley said...

Thanks for this reminder. You are such an encouragement to me.

Amy said...

Amen sister. Hang in there.

Catherine said...

very good -- very good. I sing that song to my kids sometimes. By the way, I DID go home Sun nite & do a new post, but for some reason it's not connected to Alyssa's blog anymore. So, since you got me going again, if you want to see it, go to PiggTimes.com. Later!