Wednesday, November 14, 2012

EVEN A NON-COFFEE DRINKER LIKE ME LIKES THIS...

At the shower Saturday, one of the hostesses brought a delicious Cappuccino punch that everyone just LOVED.  I even liked it, and I'm not a coffee drinker.  We buy hot chocolate when we go to Starbucks!  She left me the leftovers and I wasn't sure what to do with it (even though I liked it I probably wouldn't drink that much more) and then the light bulb went on - I could freeze it - better yet freeze it into cubes!  It adds a creamy, rich taste to instant hot cocoa or is pretty good just on it's own, as my son says.  Here's the recipe if you want to try making it yourself:

CAPPUCCINO punch (from my friend JoAnn)

Coffee, 20 cups
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (she used Bluebell Homemade Vanilla)
1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream (she used Bluebell)
1 cup French Vanilla Coffeemate

Make 20 cups of coffee.  While still hot, add sugar and dissolve.  Cool and chill.  Put ice cream in a punch bowl and smash with potato masher.  Slowly pour in coffee.  Stir in Coffeemate.  Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that stuff, it's the best! We had it at my wedding breakfast, any excuse I have to make it I do!

Amy said...

That sounds incredible! Might be a fun drink to splurge on for Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'm not a coffee drinker, either, but I know my boys would really like this for special occasions. I'll remember this for my children's future weddings :). The Blue Bell probably made it extra special!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I'm not a coffee drinker either so I will have to try this.