Saturday, November 10, 2012

OUR LIVES INTERTWINE...


I was so tickled to get to host this shower!  For one reason, the groom is my husband's second cousin.  Another, because I babysat the two sisters of the bride 32 years ago when they lived here!  Their family lived here, then moved to Texas long ago, and had baby Ashley (the bride) there.  So  imagine my surprise when I realized who my husband's cousin was marrying!  Somehow, even though I hadn't kept in touch with this family, we made connections and I realized they were the family I had babysat for so long ago.  Pretty neat.  
It was a good shower:



I was excited to use 6 pieces of my Grandma's amber glass on the table.  Looked so pretty for fall!

Another hostess made this beautiful afghan!

Ashley's sisters made this crafty LOVE sign for her new home.  Really cute.


And as you can see, all the Halloween finally got put away and the shower  went on despite not getting a new light fixture in the entryway hung!  Nice to have a clean house.  Just hope I can get ahead of the game now before the holidays!

4 comments:

Lori said...

It was a fun shower, and good of you to open your home up to all of us! That's so cool about your connections with both sides of the family. My mom always says it's a small world in the church. I love to run into people from Houston. The mother of the bride goes to the church where Casandra Martin (Bible study author) went for years!

Catherine said...

That's pretty cool. (I didn't doubt you'd have the house ready!) Tim and I frequently joke that it's a really bad idea to gossip about ANY church people -- we can't believe how many relatives and other connections there are that are not obvious, even just in our congregation here! Glad it went well. :-)

Michelle said...

It looks so nice! The Amber glassware is so perfect for fall!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Your grandmother's glass looks beautiful.