Wednesday, August 15, 2012

THE TIMES THEY ARE A-CHANGIN'...

It was about 4 years ago that I started blogging.  Right after my first-born went to college.  I had just worked on a project at church involving some young moms and found out about their blogs.  It intrigued me and I started loving reading about their lives, taking me back to a place 15 years earlier, reminiscing over my own young family.  And I decided someone needed to blog about what life was like with teenagers; that it wasn't as scary as they thought it might be.  So wawawaughs was born and one of my first posts was about my daughter leaving for college.
One of her favorite pics in Salida, CO

Now, 4 years later she is graduated (Hallelujah!) and the leaving is happening all over again.  Let me tell you friends, it doesn't get any easier!  Well, maybe just a smidgen.  (Is smidgen just for cooking?)  Don't get me wrong, it's what we wanted to happen eventually, but maybe there is a little part of me that wishes she needed to just stay with us a few months, to save a little money of course, before venturing out on her own.  I'm so proud of her - never would have I attempted something like that at her age.  But, adventure awaits for my girl!  She is a capable, independent Christian woman with dreams of her own.  She has found a way to make some of those dreams come true - living near the mountains.  Hiking and kayaking and all that stuff.   Thankfully she already has a place to stay with a Christian roommate - half the battle is done!  Now to find employment that will cover the rent and a few other things....

I'm looking forward to spending the next few days with her before she takes off for Denver:
Today we spent the early morning biking at Lake Hefner!


2 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Glad she got a break to visit.

Amy said...

Thinking of you and praying for you both during this transition. Just think, you will get to visit Colorado alot. What a great time that will be! Blessings.