Wednesday, August 22, 2012

MAKING THE MOST OF THE TIME YOU ARE GIVEN...

is a phrase we often hear, encouraging us to make good choices because we never know when our time on earth will be over.  Accidents and illnesses happen when we least expect it.  But the same thing could also be said for the aged.  My Grandma Flora told me for 40 years (yes 40 years!) that she would not be around much longer.  I vividly remember the first time she told me that as a child in the 1970's, when she was in the hospital before heart surgery.  I learned how to love this lady despite her preoccupation with death.  I learned a lot from her the past 40 years!  She finally died early this morning at the ripe old age of 96.

Flora Dee Townley McMillan

Her favorite verse:  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28 


So, the moral of the story today is:

  MAKE THE MOST OF THE TIME YOU ARE GIVEN.
YOU MAY JUST BE SURPRISED!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thoughts! I said this on FB, but you were both a blessing to each other. So neat that your children had her in their lives for so long. Great memories!

OK Chick said...

I'm happy you had some much time with her. Most people are not as lucky.

Amy said...

Such a great lesson. We should not spend our time worrying about dying but spend it just living.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Sorry for your loss. I enjoyed hearing about your visits with her.

My grandmother has said for 15 years that she won't be around much longer. She made it through broken hip surgery last Oct.