Sunday, August 12, 2012

LIVIN THE DREAM...

Because my husband works at home, I occasionally get to hear bits and pieces of his conversations with others around the country.  The other day a co-worker responded to my husband's greeting with an enthusiastic,

"Livin' the dream!  How are you?"

I don't know if he was trying to be funny or what, but my husband replied, 

"I'm dreamin' to live!"

He probably didn't realize, but it caused me to think about what he said. Alot.  I hope I'm not living the American dream-Because that's a farce.  It's the way that leads to destruction.  It's a life filled with selfish ambition.  Maybe I'm going overboard but I'm thinking about all the stuff, all the pleasures, all the self-fulfillment we THINK we need.

I want to color my hair, have nice skin.  I think I need new furniture.  REALLY?  If we could only afford yard service, then my yard would be weed-free. I just need a few cute pieces of jewelry to complete my outfits.  If I could buy organic, then we would be really healthy.  YEAH, RIGHT. The list could go on and on...

Dreamin' to live...to live REAL life!  Life with the Father, our Master, our Creator.  No more sorrow, sickness or tears.  Forget our earthly bodies, forget keeping up appearances.  Reunited with our Christian family. Are you dreaming to live that life?  Heaven's a dream now, but someday it will come true!

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.  Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.  James 4:8




3 comments:

Summer Lashley said...

Thanks for the reminder. I need to hear this, like every 5 minutes.

Unknown said...

GREAT THOUGHTS!! So true!

Alyssa said...

Love these thoughts!