Friday, July 13, 2012

HIS FAVORITE FOODS...

Tuesday night we hosted a meal for a bunch of my husband's co-workers who were in town for some kind of testing.  It was 10 guys and one girl from Oklahoma, Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee (I think).  My husband wanted to treat them to something other than restaurant food, so he made out the menu, which just happened to include all his favorite foods:
Steak
Smoked chicken
Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad
Roasted sweet potatoes
Fried Okra Salad
Baked Beans
Rolls
Banana Sheet Cake w/ Ice Cream


I thought it was kind of a funny menu, but we did it with the help of Hannah, the college student who is rooming with us this summer!  It turned out great even though I totally forgot about getting the okra fried until 10 minutes before every one arrived...

My husband deserves a shout out for not only preparing the meat for this meal, but also for donating his hard earned hotel points for a trip with my mother and sister recently.  PLUS, he did the dishes and laundry while I was gone! 

And only 1 plant died.  I think he's a KEEPER!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

He is!! The food looks good!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

That's a neat idea to host them at your house.