Friday, May 2, 2014

I WISH I COULD DANCE...

You know, there's choreography, then there's CHOREOGRAPHY.  Well, you know I'm a expert by now (HA).  Hours of stage parenting - I've earned it.  I got to go to a Show Choir competition yesterday.  It's always interesting to get to see other school groups and cheer your group onto a sweepstakes winning performance!  Many groups got on stage and performed - they sang and did choreography.  Some reminded me of cheerleaders with snappy arm movement.  Some were like herds of elephants as they clomped across the stage.  Others had no expression to go with their movement.  Then there's the award winners...students who are confident with their program, enunciate, sing beautifully and have fluid, natural movement.  They have stage presence and look like they are having fun!  It's a beautiful thing - you can't help but smile and want to get up and dance with them!

That's what I saw in my son and his group yesterday.  Sweet sounds and confident, fluid moves. Mature students, well rehearsed with knowledge and experience at the end of a school year.







Get ready for the life analogy...How's your routine?  Are you just doing the choreography?  Does your heart match your movement?  Are you having fun, confident in the movement of life, no matter what comes because you know you've got this...you're a winner with God helping you make the moves?  It's something to think about.  I wish I was a dancer, it looks like a lot of fun.  But even more I hope I can enjoy the rhythm of life as it comes. 


2 comments:

OK Chick said...

Good post!

Michelle said...

Maddie is starting ballerina lessons with Miss Lisa in August so hopefully she can dance better then I can....