Tuesday, May 6, 2014


Enrolling in college!  This day was especially fun because my son made a new friend from Henrietta immediately (the one in brown).  After talking with him, we realized his roommate-to-be is the son of a friend of mine from college!  Small world!  (Alex, you made the blog!)

Senior night at church - our Senior boys led the worship - 
guess who led songs?

This is a good friend of his - one of three speakers.

All the students' names were called and each one shook the elders hands and were given a new Bible. It's a fairly new tradition that I love!  

Afterwards we went  out to the youth building where we enjoyed looking at 
baby pictures and each students "senior table". 

Thankful for friends!

 Finally, we ate together and watched a video where each one's parents told a funny story/hopes and dreams for their graduate.  It was long but good.  I believe we don't often take the time to really say what's on our hearts.  It's not always easy, but it is meaningful.

 Group selfie with the youth ministers!


Lori said...

I'm so excited for Lauren and DT to be at college together!! I would loved to have gotten to see the Senior night worship and listen to the videos. Great new tradition!

Amy said...

wow. great table for him! I know he is excited about college!

Michelle said...

Such a special time....graduation! I think it's great that MRCC still does this tradition, I remember my Senior Dinner there! It makes me feel old all these kids I taught when they were younger then some of my kids graduation, especially the ones I babysat! Melissa Lauxman says that I'm not old....

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I've started feeling old since some of those kids I thought at Sonshine School.