Tuesday, May 6, 2014

BIG DAYS...


Enrolling in college!  This day was especially fun because my son made a new friend from Henrietta immediately (the one in brown).  After talking with him, we realized his roommate-to-be is the son of a friend of mine from college!  Small world!  (Alex, you made the blog!)


Senior night at church - our Senior boys led the worship - 
guess who led songs?

This is a good friend of his - one of three speakers.

All the students' names were called and each one shook the elders hands and were given a new Bible. It's a fairly new tradition that I love!  

Afterwards we went  out to the youth building where we enjoyed looking at 
baby pictures and each students "senior table". 

Thankful for friends!


 Finally, we ate together and watched a video where each one's parents told a funny story/hopes and dreams for their graduate.  It was long but good.  I believe we don't often take the time to really say what's on our hearts.  It's not always easy, but it is meaningful.

 Group selfie with the youth ministers!














4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for Lauren and DT to be at college together!! I would loved to have gotten to see the Senior night worship and listen to the videos. Great new tradition!

Amy said...

wow. great table for him! I know he is excited about college!

Michelle said...

Such a special time....graduation! I think it's great that MRCC still does this tradition, I remember my Senior Dinner there! It makes me feel old all these kids I taught when they were younger then some of my kids graduation, especially the ones I babysat! Melissa Lauxman says that I'm not old....

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I've started feeling old since some of those kids I thought at Sonshine School.