Sunday, May 11, 2014

FLOWERY WEEKEND...

I hardly ever receive flowers, but this weekend I got a double dose!  These roses were a gift at the PACE banquet on Friday night.  PACE (Performing Arts Council of Edmond) is the group I volunteer with at school.  I have been a part of it for 10 years and been doing Production meals for 7 or 8, I think.  So they were sending me off with flowers!

This other beautiful arrangement is from my kids for Mother's Day!  My son got it from the "cool" florist in Midtown, his new favorite place.  I really should've taken pictures from other sides because it has some exotic looking stuff in it!



Mother's Day is one of the those weird days for me, kinda like your birthday.  You hope they do something but then you try not to get your hopes up...and honestly, not every Mother's Day has been really that great.  I remember a few years ago just telling them if they would just acknowledge  me with a hug that's all I really wanted.  That was back when they had very little income...So maybe I've gotten the message over to them (or maybe their Dad has) because I got both acknowledgements and gifts!  My daughter texted and called me.  I received beautiful flowers and my baby painted a burlap canvas for me!  His sweet girlfriend is artistic and so she taught him how to do it.  He put my favorite verse on it from Psalm 29.  I think I love home-made gifts more than flowers...




 Finally, we lunched with my mother and sister's family and even though the men chose to serve us barbecue, I didn't complain too much...it was a great weekend and I hope I can make them feel as special as they made me feel today!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We had BBQ too, because Papa Staff wanted to take care of it and that is the easiest thing since there were so many of us in town!

Unknown said...

So sweet!