Friday, December 27, 2013

SOUP OF THE WEEK...

BROCCOLI SOUP WITH PARMESAN-LEMON FRICO!

You have to like broccoli to like this soup.  Period.  My husband does not, so he wasn't a fan of this.  One can hope!  My son and I really liked it.  The broccoli is not overpowering, because of the onion, garlic, and chicken broth in it.  The Parmesan-lemon frico was basically a cheese cracker you make yourself.  They were fine, but my second bowl I added some good ole Cheddar.  Really good the next day, and a good source of calcium!
 You use all of the broccoli, even the stem, chopped fine.

 The frico (cheese crisps) are just little piles of shredded Parmesan with lemon zest.  I had never made anything like these before!
 OOPS!  5 minutes was too long!
Just right!
Mmm Good!  Sorry Campbell's.

No comments: