Friday, September 14, 2012

FINALLY, A PEANUT BUTTER PIE I LIKE...

I love it when my college son gets the itch to make something.  It's usually very good, and he uses the finest ingredients.  Unlike me, who buys hundreds of dollars of groceries every month, most of it filled with trans fats, sugar, and unpronounceable chemicals.  OK, that's not totally true, I am getting a little better about that.  It's that frugal mother thing, trying to make ends meet all these years!

He made this luscious Peanut Butter Pie.  I love peanut butter, but for some reason I've never really liked the pie versions I've had.  But this one is really good.  Of course it is, it's got cream and cream cheese in it, in addition to chocolate.  Ghiradelli chocolate, he told me.

Anyway, HERE it is, if you get the itch to make one!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That looks amazing....I may have to try it out!

Lori said...

I am not a big fan of peanut butter, but that looks pretty incredible! Keep us posted on his creations! I recently recycled an article on transfats and how forcing companies to get rid of them or lower the numbers is really starting to make a difference in the health and cholesterol of children. Something sure needs to happen. So keep it up on cutting back on all that junk in your groceries :)

Elizabeth Mullins said...

That does look amazing! I am with you, Robin! I typically do not like peanut butter pie or baked goods for that matter but I do love peanut butter!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Looks good.

I'll have to try it.