Sunday, September 23, 2012

9 MONTHS LATER...

our baby bathroom is complete!  Seriously folks, it's a good thing you don't have us working on your remodeling projects!  It was actually functional in June but only about halfway finished.  I like to call it the YOUTUBE BATHROOM because we consulted tutorials on youtube constantly during this process, especially the tiling.  So here's the BEFORE & AFTERS for ya:

Before:  Olive green plastic shower insert
After:  Shower tiled to the ceiling with clear glass doors
Before: Stained wood cabinets with faux marble counter, carpet on floor
After:  Painted cabinets with granite countertop and tile floor

Before:  Olive green toilet with cream lid, light green tile, wood paneling, wooden window sill 

After:  Off-white toilet, large tiles (same as shower), new cream paint and granite windowsill- someone told us if you can cut tile that you can cut granite too.  So when a friend gave my husband a spare piece of granite, we tried it and it turned out great!  

Before:  Wall creation by the kids
After:  Cream paint with decor


Here's a better pic of the cabinet color and granite. The mirror was rectangle before, and I really wanted an oval.  Couldn't find one that big, so the glass place told me to bring them a pattern.  They actually told me to lay grocery bags or newspaper down and make a pattern for them!  It wasn't perfect but I got the size I wanted.   
I love the new modern light fixture!  I didn't take a picture of the old one but imagine big round white globes hanging down here before.

The granite/sink installation is the only thing we didn't do ourselves.  It's also the only bathroom with granite countertop in our house.  Lucky kid!

Our little secret:  The guys were laying the tile and asked me if they could put a "W" design in  the floor.  Why not?  Most of the time it'll have a rug on it!  So we've left our mark on this house.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great!

Summer Lashley said...

it is stunning!

Gena said...

That is beautiful. I need to know the color of that grey you used for the cabinets. It is grey, right? Love it, and how awesome that you guys did it all sans granite!

Erin said...

It looks really good!! I love before and afters!

Amy said...

Wow! I love the way it looks. Good job! We have been doing a little of the same thing. Weird!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

It looks fantastic.