Tuesday, May 29, 2012

OUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED...

Strange how that hits you in the face sometimes!  Lots of things have been going on with our extended family lately.  Health problems.  Life, and death.  My sweet father-in-law is still hospitalized.  My grandmother, despite some recent scares, celebrated her 96th birthday today. An uncle passed away and his funeral is Wednesday.

It really makes you wonder how long you'll be given on this earth.  There are no guarantees!  I am grateful, though, that I've been able to live this long to see my children almost to adulthood.  They all came to a dinner last night at my sister's house without much prodding.  I know friends are much more important to them right now, but they came.  I'm grateful for a loving husband who encourages and pushes me in the right direction.  I'm grateful that this life is not the end, if you are a child of the King!


Happy 96th Grandma Flora!
Don't stand between this lady and her chocolate!


Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.  Remind me that my days are numbered—
how fleeting my life is.                                                              Psalm 39:4

5 comments:

Amy said...

She is beautiful. What a blessing to share that time with her. I second the chocolate thing. I am also with you...I am very thankful that we know where we are going and we don't have to fear death. Awesome! We may never meet on this earth friend, but we will in heaven!

Alyssa said...

Happy birthday!!

OK Chick said...

How awesome! I hope she had a great birthday!!!

Lori said...

Happy birthday to Grandma Flora!! Love the tiara!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Happy Birthday. Is this the grandma you go see in the nursing home a lot.