Saturday, May 12, 2012

A HARD THING...

I've been thinking a lot about RESTORING.  Gently restoring.  It's a hard thing.

At the moment we are restoring our pool.  We are bringing it back to a "normal state."  When it was uncovered, it was green and the GROSSEST it has ever been.  So gross I was embarassed to take a "before" picture.  (And if you know me, I am always taking pictures!)

I think it had something to do with our warm winter - not many freezing days and that algae just went wild!  And we are do-it-yourselfers - not willing to pay someone else tons of money to clean up this mess.  Anyway, after draining, scrubbing with gallons of muriatic acid, and power washing, it is RESTORED.  It is ready to be filled and used.

I've been thinking and praying a lot about some children of God who need to be restored.  The word "gently" is key - Galatians 6:1.  Just how to go about it is the hard part!  We need to be do-it-yourselfers.  Do-it-yourselfers with knowledge of the Word and the gentleness of the Spirit.  It cannot be ignored any longer.  The gross, green algae of sin has grown until there's a big, slimy mess and the person is no longer recognizable.  Just help me not to splash the muriatic acid of judmentalism on them, Lord.

                                 Ahhh...nice and clean and ready to be used.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Y'all are awesome. We are wanna-be do-it-yourselfers, and then we end up paying someone to fix that. I love your regular life application blogs. They are important!

Unknown said...

So true! Must be gentle. Sometimes hard...