Saturday, March 31, 2012

WHAT MATTERS MOST...

is NOT this!  Although I was pretty proud of my $.31 purchase! (Homeland - double coupons plus a $6 off any purchase coupon) Most of the time I save 50-60%, so this was out of the ordinary!

My Friday was pretty awesome because of FAMILY.

I had planned to run a couple of errands and spend time with my GRANDMA.  I took her to KFC and then we shopped at Ross.  (Weird dejavu moment:  While in KFC in west OKC, a construction worker looking guy came in wearing one of our church VBS t-shirts.  I don't think he went to our church, but I could be wrong.  Anyway, it was a green one that said "Jesus" on it from like 10 years ago!  I remember taking a picture of my 3 kiddos all together in that green t-shirt.)  We had a sweet visit!  The weather was beautiful and she loved getting out of the nursing home.

My husband had gone down south to golf with his brother so he wouldn't be back home until 10 p.m. or so...I was kind of bummed with a boring Friday night ahead of me!  I even made a lame facebook post about it, looking for something to do!

About 3 p.m. my DAUGHTER called from Arkansas and said she was thinking about coming home for the weekend.  She needed help with some hand-made shower invitations.  I knew she wouldn't get home until late but it was a nice surprise!  Then guess what?!  My college SON came in to check his camera equipment and ended up eating dinner with me.  So sweet.  Finally, my MOTHER called.  We had been playing phone tag for a day or so, and she had just returned from a vacation to Georgia.  So we got all caught up.  By that time it was nearly 8:30 p.m. and my daughter would be home any minute!

What I thought was going to be a lonely Friday night really ended up special.  I spent the whole day with different FAMILY members in different ways.

 It's WHAT MATTERS MOST.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!! Remember you mentioning the family time at this stage on my post last week? An answer to your question came, it seems! :)

Alyssa said...

Super sweet. And I like the VBS t-shirt story. I wonder where he got it!

Catherine said...

Oh man! So great. I LOVE that! And I'm with Alyssa on the VBS shirt -- funny!