Sunday, March 25, 2012

WHILE I WAS DOWN IN BLUEBONNET LAND...

my college kid stayed home to chill out.  I had given him some cash since the pantry was bare.  What I found out several days later is that he and his cousin spent all the cash on one meal!  (Oh, to be young and carefree again!)  They made a huge lasagna in my 11 x 15 cake pan.  We are still eating on that...and they also made strawberry cream sodas!  There were still ingredients in the fridge, so I had him make me one:
I think he found this on Stumbleupon - mix equal parts Club Soda, Half & half, and Homemade strawberry syrup.
Stir well
Enjoy!  Better than Shasta any day!  He told me it really should have a strawberry sitting on the edge to be legit.  I think he's just honing his skills to impress somebody sometime.

A mother can hope.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Love your bluebonnet picture! And that your college kid made a lasagne!!! I have made 1 successful lasagne in my life!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The 5 Arbuckle's said...

At least there was leftovers and the money didn't go for just one meal.