Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'M NOT SURE WHY...

they say "Austin's weird."  I think it's pretty COOL.  Cool weird.
And DELICIOUS.
We did try to do something educational...
and didn't stay because the movie I had read so much about, "The Spirit of Texas," was closed all day for a private event.  I was in such a mood that I boycotted the whole place and we left and spent time drooling over this....
the incredible desserts in the bakery at their flagship Whole Foods.  I don't know why but the shopping is always better on vacation!  They also had an REI and the neatest Anthropologie I've ever been to across the street.  Not to mention the outlets at San Marcos...I hit that one up at the suggestion of my blog buddy Michelle, while my husband was in meetings.
We did drive by this...the tallest state capitol in the U.S.!  
             
Believe it or not, it was my first trip to Austin.  I accompanied my husband on a business trip and enjoyed the little getaway!  I guess I will join in and say, "Keep Austin Weird!"

6 comments:

Amy said...

Austin is fun isn't it?! Looks like you guys had a great time. Now, the push toward summer! Yippee! Blessings!

Summer said...

looks fun...and delicious

Alyssa said...

You know...Texas has to have everything be the biggest, tallest, best...just to maintain the reputation. Sorry about the movie, it is a good one. But I'm glad you enjoyed some of the other fabulous things in Austin!

Amy said...

Can't wait to see more pictures of pretty Austin! So, did your daughter think I was a scary creeper? Yikkes!

Michelle said...

Yum! I'm glad you all had a good trip!! And I'm glad you made it to the outlets, I love that place!

OK Chick said...

I LOVE Austin. It's a great city with lots to see and do.