Friday, February 10, 2012

TWO SWEET THINGS...

in my life this weekend!  My daughter is coming home from college to see her little brother perform in the Follies!  She'll help me serve meals to the Follies kids and just be her sweet self.  Which reminds me, I must clean up her room this morning!  The bathroom remodel kinda is taking over her bedroom right now...

And of course the Follies talent show!  I gave you a sneak peek last time but I have to tell you folks, it's a great show.  These highschool kids just amaze me!  I started realizing at the show last night what a talented bunch of seniors are graduating.  Some I've known for 4 years, some since elementary school.  Sweet, sweet times.  (Yes, that is the word for today and you may hear it again!)
Alec (far left) has been around our house for several years now, like another son!  Roz (middle) has performed for years and been in productions with both my boys, even in elementary school.  Jake (right) is so funny and a great beat boxer in E.T.!  I'll miss them!

I was sad that one of our graduating seniors last year would be gone for Follies this year for many reasons, but one is that his mother makes awesome opening night cakes!  Thankfully her daughter plays the violin and got in an act this year, so the "Opening Night Cake tradition" continues!  Yay!  A wonderful donation to our pre-show meal!

                                                 Just like the program!
Wonder who that cute kid in the back is?  He's been a great helper for the lunches the last two days, toting water bottles and pop for me.  Helps that his teacher lets him out of class a little early...  :)

    Enjoy your weekend...I'm looking forward to this SWEET one!

5 comments:

Gena said...

I would love to see Follies again. I have so many great memories from that auditorium and backstage. I bet it looks a lot different now!

Amy said...

What a great weekend you have coming up...today!! Have fun! I saw where some of our friends are doing a marriage retreat at your church this weekend. I guess you won't be there with all of this going on. You would love them though. Trey Morgan and his wife. I think I have your church right, anyway, have a super weekend!

Lori said...

Have a great weekend! Looking forward to hearing about it!

Alyssa said...

Enjoy your sweet daughter and the follies weekend!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

We enjoyed Follies on Thurs. night. Saw you across the auditorium.