Wednesday, February 8, 2012

SHORTCUTS...

Don't you just love 'em?  I made a discovery this week!  You know those luscious cake balls that are all the rage?  I found a great shortcut to making them.  I have a habit, a BAD habit of checking the mark downs in the bakery department at my grocery store...and  always justify it by telling myself it's a treat for the "kids" even though my house only has one kid left in it and sometimes he never sees them.  :)
                                       I bought 2 packages of these...
And took them home and had an epiphany - dip them in almond bark like cake balls!  So now we have CHOCOLATE COVERED GLAZED CHERRY DONUT HOLES!    Pretty good shortcut - thankfully I really did have Follies kids to feed this week and I only ate 2 myself!
                  Here's a few pics I took from the dress rehearsal of Follies last night:
             String quartet - 2 of these girls I know from church - so proud of them!

Gorgeous Lindsay singing with the boys
Senior Men's Act - really funny in their PJ's!
Jazz Band playing a Star Wars medley including a little light saber action!
                And of course one of my son's acts - the Pentatonix Wannabees!

There's more than music to it - there's also some skits, tap dancing, and modern dance involved - these just happened to be my best shots...

           Come enjoy the show 
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7 p.m.!  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! I love shortcut recipes!

Amy said...

Wish we could be there to hear them. Looks like so much fun. The cake balls look yummy too.

Alyssa said...

What a great idea! Have a great follies weekend!

OK Chick said...

That's an awesome idea! I love it!!!