Saturday, February 25, 2012

FRIDAY NIGHT SHAKE UP...

  About the time my life seems to get so routine,  I get a few little things to shake it up!  The last 3 Fridays have been anything but the normal take-out pizza and movie at home.  Of course, there's nothing like live entertainment!

Last week some friends of our generously offered to take us to a Thunder game!  We don't go often so this was a real treat!  We enjoyed eating at Cheever's first, then on to the game - and they have excellent seats by the way.  The Thunder is really doing well and making something of our quiet capitol city!
I even got a new profile pic out of the evening!

One of the weird entertainment portions of the game was this guy:  "Flag man".


"Flag man" is a much more interesting name than "Gymnast," don't you think?

This Friday night we went to a Swine Week fundraiser concert our son was singing at - and it's always interesting to watch these student run projects... I think there were about 10 adults there.

                    They actually performed 5 songs so they seem like a real band!
                                        Can't get enough of these kids.
The lead singer had been sick but I think he still sounds great!

And were followed by a band playing original music with muted movie scenes.  Do you recognize Gandalf?  I would have never thought of the combination of the "Lord of the Rings" on the big screen with original live music.  Let me tell you, I was laughing.  My seat was VIBRATING from the bass!  It was fun to peek into the stuff these kids like.

Can't wait until next Friday night!  Spring Sing will be here and our college son is going to host!!  Life is good.  God is good.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I am totally jealous of your social life. (And did you ry the chocolate cake at Cheavers? oh heavens...)

Michelle said...

The chocolate cake at Cheevers is to die for! Sounds like fun!