Monday, November 21, 2011

SPONTANEOUS SATURDAY...

I had great plans for Saturday...putting up Christmas lights!

Well, my husband and daughter (who just got home for Thanksgiving break) started talking Saturday morning and one thing led to another, and well, before I knew it they were headed to bike around the lake.  Yes, 9 miles around Lake Hefner with the winds blustering at 20 or more mph!  Fine, you guys go do that.  They asked me to go, to be polite, to which I declined.  Then my son decided to go...and well, you know, I felt compelled to join them no matter how it might affect me later.  And I got to ride the bike that nobody claimed.  Nice!  Really, this bike just showed up in our garage and belongs to somebody's friends' family.  The seat was as hard as a rock.  (I won't tell you how I padded my bottom but you can probably figure it out!)

The first 15 minutes was a KILLER!  I considered turning around, just sitting in the car, and waiting on them.  Riding into the wind, pedaling that bike, felt like I was going nowhere.  But it got better.  We even coasted a little at some points.  My son dropped back and rode beside me and let my husband go faster for a while.  Then my daughter doubled back and rode the last mile or so with me.  So I got some time to visit with my college kids and that made it all worth it.

Not only that, our daughter had never been to Big Truck Tacos, so my son really wanted to take her there for lunch.  We got some great Mexican food and sat outside at their picnic tables, just enjoying the day.  There's something really great about enjoying a meal after a good workout!  No guilt whatsoever!

And do you know I still got the Christmas lights up?  Hubby helped me.  It was a great spontaneous Saturday.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a good saturday to me! I love BTT, the Guardian is my favorite, and fried avocado taco. So yummy! I may have to visit there this week!

Alyssa said...

Sounds like a great spontaneous Saturday. I would have been less than thrilled to go bike riding but probably would have gone along too.

Gena said...

I love spontaneous days. Have YET to go to BTT but was just thinking tonight how I need to take my kids. I think? they would love it. Glad you didn't crash and burn but burned calories instead.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Love days like that! I can't wait til we can all go bike around Lake Hefner! Love BTT too! Good food!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Glad the ride turned out well. I love Big Truck Tacos.