Tuesday, November 1, 2011

TRUE COLORS...

I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow


Steinberg & Kelly


Saturday I walked under this gorgeous tree.  I had to take a picture.  Then I remembered something I read recently about how fall reveals the true colors of the leaves.  (Sorry if that was your post!)  You can read more about the science behind it HERE. The beautiful reds, golds, and oranges are their TRUE color.  Not the green leaves of summer. Those are immature leaves.  It made me think how we slowly mature into what God wants us to be.  What's your TRUE color?  Is your color beautiful?  Or are you still a little green?   

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a great post! And a beautiful tree!

Amy said...

Love this post. Thanks for the thoughts. Gorgeous picture. I have always had the thought this time of year that the leaves are most beautiful when they die. Just like us I think...dying and then living for Jesus!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I think Fall has become one of my favorite seasons just purely because of the beautiful foliage! Great post as usual!

Unknown said...

It was one of my posts last week or the week before! :) Beautiful picture!