Monday, November 7, 2011

MY UNUSUAL WEEKEND...

About the time you think you've experienced all that life has to give, you get surprised!  Lately there's been a lot of blessings with our college kids.  Last weekend, my husband and daughter got to be a part of Harding homecoming, this weekend my son and I were a part of OC homecoming!

Homecoming chapel is a longstanding tradition and my son and I both were in it!  I was asked to lead the Pledge of Allegiance and my son to lead songs.  I figured it might be my one and only chance to EVER be on a stage with my son so I said I would do it.  We were one of three alumni parent/child groups to participate.  It was a priviledge and honor and I didn't trip or anything!!!

Another fun thing was my sister-in-law planned a Girls Weekend in Texas.  They planned to shop at Canton then spend the night at her house in Frisco.  Unfortunately I couldn't go down Friday night because  of Saturday morning chapel and I had to miss Canton, but I went down and shopped all the stores we don't have here and met up with them Saturday night.  We ate and chatted until midnight and got to hear about the earthquake from our relatives back in OK!  Then we worshipped together Sunday morning at McDermott Rd. congregation where my brother in law preaches.  The shopping wasn't over, however, we hit The Container Store before heading home!




One of my sis-in-laws and fellow blogger SHINE LIKE STARS!   Check out her blog if you want to see more about Canton.  (Wow, that late night is telling on me!)








Oh, and the perfect weekend has to include this, of course!

I'm sure you would have been disappointed if I didn't have a picture of this!

Great start to  my week!  Have a wonderful one and count your blessings!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Yay! I like the picture! I'll copy it and add it to mine. Is that sad that we both took pictures of our sweet treats!! :) I stopped at Frisco Mercantile. It was an antique mall and had lots of neat stuff, too!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I've never been to homecoming chapel. I couldn't go this past Sat. since I was in Norman for a very windy soccer game.

Glad you go to take part in some of the girls weekend.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

It's a neat blast from the past! Also, a couple of awards were given and a report about the search for a new president was given. The chorale sang 2 songs also. I thoroughly enjoyed it!