Saturday, November 19, 2011

THE EDITOR...

Homework with a tenth grader
Editing a research paper
Learning more about a topic
A rough draft
Examining the thesis
Gently encouraging
Correcting misspelled words
Taking out yous
Replacing overused words
Checking for plagiarism
Quoting the sources
Citing information correctly
Reading again and again
A final copy
Acceptable

I am a rough draft
Everyday I need editing
Full of errors
Gently encourage me
I fumble my words
Misstep
I need correcting
What is my theme
Take out I's
Replace my wants
Examine the source
Read me again and again
Perfect in me
A final copy
Acceptable
Pure



4 comments:

Tessa said...

This is beautiful, Robin! I love it!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Wow! I love every word! I love getting to see how you parent! You encourage me so much everyday! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Great post!

Catherine said...

Oh wow -- you wrote this, I assume? Didn't know you had that talent. Very nice.