Wednesday, November 9, 2011

LEAVES OF GOLD...


While walking the other day, I was just praying about God's beautiful creation and then about how much more beautiful the place He is preparing for us.  Streets of gold - hard to imagine - and as I walked a really cool thing happened.  I realized leaves of gold were fluttering down like snowflakes all around me.  They covered the sidewalk, too.  The weird thing was, there wasn't even a breeze.  I didn't notice any other trees doing this at the  moment.  Maybe the overnight freeze made the leaves give up their hold on the tree.  But it was really a beautiful moment for me.  It would have made a nice poem or song!  

I feel like I've had a lot more God moments in my life the last year, and I think it's due to so many of you!  So many of you share the joys of being God's child with me.  I love your "thankful" posts on facebook and also posts from my blog buddies, EVERYDAY BLESSINGS  and SHINE LIKE STARS. They open my eyes to see blessings in so many things!  Also, to another favorite site, VERSE OF THE DAY - what a help to get a verse, commentary, and a prayer of application.  I go to you guys for daily encouragement and insight.  To my younger friends, what a joy to relive those days through your blogs!  I can't wait to see what you are posting tomorrow!

LOVE YOU ALL!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Thank you for your mentioning of my blog. I pray that it always encourages others. Great post and love the falling leaves moment part. I was thinking while reading how you're going through the empty nest and how, although it's been an adjustment, maybe that's why this year you've had more of those moments? Maybe it's because you now have more time to "see" those moments. I say that because I"m not to that point, yet, and I sometimes feel so busy that I don't take the time to look for those moments. Makes me realize that in the chaos and busyness, I need to be aware of God even more.

Amy said...

Love you too! What a blessing God has showered upon us to get to know and be blessed by each other. God is SO good! Who would have thought? Ten years ago we would not have had an idea we could make heart friends over a computer. Very cool. Loved your fall leaves picture and thought. I am itching in the middle of all of these boxes to get out with my camera and take pictures of the leaves. I believe I will. Blessings on this beautiful day! Thanks for your sweet mention too! Amy