Saturday, October 8, 2011

YOUR FAMILY WILL THANK YOU...




Chewy Lowfat Banana Oatmeal Cookies

1 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 c. oats

2 T. unsalted butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. mashed banana (I put in one small banana)
1/2 t. vanilla

Mix  butter, sugars, egg, banana and vanilla together.  Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, spices and oats.  Gently fold into wet ingredients until just combined.  Drop by T onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 min.  Let cool a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet.  Can add chopped pecans to the batter or just on individual cookies.  

WW Recipe per cookie: 3 g fat, 85 calories

I just found this recipe recently on the web and it's our new favorite!  I especially love it because it only has 2 T. of butter in it!  My son likes it because it's a quick breakfast on the run for him.  Try it out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a similar recipe on our recipe blog....made with applesauce. I remember they were good and tasted healthy!

Gena said...

I have like every one of these ingredients on hand. I'm so making these!

Catherine said...

Oh dear.... absolutely YES! Can't wait to try them. Cookies for bfast, you say? I'm SO on board!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Those look really good! I'll have to try them.