Wednesday, October 19, 2011

MAKING HERB BUTTER...

This year is really the first time I've grown herbs besides basil. So, I thought I'd better do something with them before it freezes! I also happened to have about 3 pounds of butter leftover from the caterer and feeding the kids in the play last week. So it didn't cost me a thing to make this fancy stuff!  There are lots of resources on the internet on how to make it, but one thing I did learn is there's really no right recipe, so you can't mess it up!
                                                              Chives
                                                               Parsley
                                                           Rosemary
             For one cup of butter, I added 2 Tablespoons each of 2-3 kinds of herbs.
                   Roll into a log after wrapping it in plastic wrap.  Label and freeze!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Yum! A slice of any of these on a hot steak would be amazing!

Alyssa said...

Look at you!! That is fabulous!

Catherine said...

Ooooo -- when's supper?

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Wow! I will never look at butter the same:)! Great idea!

Lori said...

Yum and so neat that you can freeze it and bring it out at any time!