Monday, October 10, 2011

A "THEATER EXPERIENCE" WITH MY BLOG BUDDY...


So THIS BLOG BUDDY of mine joined my DH and me at the high school play Saturday night!  The play was "I Never Saw Another Butterfly," about children of the holocaust.  Probably not something I would have chosen to see, except I had fed the cast all week and knew most of the kids in it.  We were commanded to line up outside the theatre by Nazi soldiers, and multiple times were told to be "QUIET" as we went into the theatre.  It was interesting and intimidating.  Search lights scanned the audience as soldiers walked around the sections of seats.  It made the lost lives more personal to me.  It was somber but I'm glad we went and saw it. 

We ended the evening on a positive note!  Stopped by Starbucks on the way home for a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate and chatted a bit.  It's amazing to me, the two of us are 17 years apart, but we have made a friendship through blogging.  We really didn't know each other before blogging.  I think we commented on each others' blogs after I found out she was the neighbor of another blogger friend.  Then I found out we went to the same church, then we finally met at a fundraiser auction.  My husband couldn't get us to shut up that night!  Technology can be pretty cool sometimes! 

Blessings to all my BLOG BUDDIES this week!  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's neat! The play was probably a great learning experience for those who were in it, as well as for the audience.

Michelle said...

If I had been in town I would've loved to see the play. It sounded interesting, I, as strange as it is, reall have always been intriged by Holucost things. We think my mom's mom went through the Holucost, although she has never talked about it.

Summer said...

And you are my personal domestic goddess hero and I would have never known it had it not been for our blogs. Love you, friend!

Amy said...

How very, very cool. The play sounds sobering but important. The Salted Caramel Mocha..instead of hot chocolate is my new favorite.Yum. Blogging is so great for making good friends. Neat that you are in the same church. Blessings.

Alyssa said...

Sounds like a great evening!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Will like the play so much after seeing part of it at school. He and his dad went to it Friday night.

OK Chick said...

Yes, the internet is a great thing. Thanks again for the invitation. I had a great time with you and your husband.

Amy said...

I love those words! Thank you. I will go and find the song. Blessings friend!