Monday, October 3, 2011

COLLEGE FRIENDSHIPS COME FULL CIRCLE...

There's a neat thing that happens when your kids go to the same college you went to - you hear last names of their friends or acquaintances and you KNOW that name.  You start asking your kid, "Is his Dad's name _______?"  You get out the old yearbook to see if that kid looks like their parent you know...and it's just kind of surreal.  Am I really that old?  Well, I knew it was happening with my college roommate who is now a doctor in Tulsa.  Her daughter is now a freshman!  And we got to have her and several others over for dinner the other night. This time it worked out perfectly, I actually had a luncheon at the house with my Bible study the same day!  So everything was clean and there were even a few good leftovers from that I could use for my college kids.  On the menu:


Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Mashed potatoes
Honey carrots
Bread
Oreo Ice Cream Dessert

We've been blessed with beautiful weather lately, so we got to eat on the patio!  My college boy absolutely HATES eating dinner outside because of bugs.  But this night was perfect.  A cool breeze, and no bugs! 

 Enjoy your fall weather!

4 comments:

Lori said...

That's so neat! I can't believe how old "we" are, either! :)

Alyssa said...

So cool. I know my sister-in-law is making some of those same connections as my nephew is a freshman at ACU. I look forward to that.

OK Chick said...

I know the college kiddos loved the free meal! I feed two every Sunday night.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Jemma had that experience at Camp Impact last year. There were 2 other girls there named Jemma and their parents all went to college together and also went on the same mission trip, just different years. Then came home and named their daughters Jemma.